Hey Microsoft? What gives with all these dodgy false referrals? Do you think it’s a good thing to send zillions of false queries to website owners? Why are you doing this? Don’t you think it’s a little rude.
Back in December here Nathan Buggia said on the very issue of these cloaked referrals
Hopefully webmasters have also noticed these issues disappearing. If you are still experiencing any issues, please contact us before you block MSNBot, to see if we can address the issue.
Yet it’s now what June six months later and it’s getting worse. Can you please stop, thanks! This isn’t a way to endear yourself to the search community.
Here are 10 other people commenting on the same.
- Microsoft Live.com Plays Referrer Stats Games and Ruins Your AdSense Income
- Microsoft Reports That Issues With Their Live Search Cloaking
- MS Live Search hitting web sites with fake referer information
- Is Microsoft Live Search stuffing our log files
- MSN, Ban Me I don’t Care, But Stop Sending Spam Referrals
- Strange Referrer Activity
- Yell if Microsoft’s Live.com Spammed You Too
- Live search referrer spamming
- The Art of Web ~ System- Referer Spam from Live Search
- Microsoft Live Search’s Strange Spam-Like Referrals Are Official Tests
Psst Carlo, drop the nofollow on those links in your post!